Monday, February 1, 2010

He's here! Please pray a lot for him

Aidan Christopher H was born at 4:44 pm on 2/1/10. He weighs 2 lbs and is 13 in long. I'm not comfortable putting his picture on the internet though.

Talk about interesting day! Chris and I got to my 8:30 appointment right on time (for once) I had an u/s since he didn't want to cooperate at the 20 week appointment. She said that he measured small, about 26 weeks, and that my dr would check everything out.  Dr. B was concered and had me stay to be monitored for his heart rate.  She wasn't impressed with it so I was sent to L&D to have a high risk ob monitor me.  Basically he started to show signs of stress and they found out that the cord was restrictred and was pushing the blood back. Hence his small size. They determined that he needed to come out right now and would be better on the outside than on the inside.

I was all set up in the OR where Barb, my drug nurse, was amazing and really kept me calm.  When she made the first cut Aidan popped his little hand out. :-)  When he was born they had to jump start his heart for a moment, but that's all better now. He is on a resperator and a feeding tube.  I'm pumping to start the process of getting my milk to come in. When he is strong enough they will start to feed him my milk.

He's a fighter and sooo beautiful! He was squeezing mine and Chris's fingers when we were visiting.  I'm recovering pretty well. I'm pretty sore, but not in horrible pain.  I had such an amazing amount of love and support through visitors and my e-friends.  you have all been so amazing and I thank you!  Aidan has a long road ahead of him and I'll be visiting him every day once I get released.

Maggs

18 comments:

  1. Maggie & Chris are amazing. They are really pulling together. We wish they didn't have to face this, but they are handling themselves with grace & poise.

    Ma & Pa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that everything is going okay so far and I hope that it continues to go well! I'm so thankful that you had that appointment today and found out about this now though, as opposed to later. I can't begin to imagine how scary today has been, and how stressful :( You are a great mommy, don't doubt that for a second!

    DH and I will definitely keep you all in our thoughts and prayers. If there's anything we can do to help, let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking of you. Congrats and happy birthday little mister! -nerdsbride

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your little man! You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on sweet Aidan!! All the prayers in the world right now for the two of you!!

    ~BrendaK

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been sending all sorts of positive thoughts your way magda - we're here for you and your beautiful little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the birth of your little guy. He sounds like a fighter. Sending loads of prayers and good vibes your way

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your little guy! I've been thinking of you guys all night! Prayers are still coming for your family! Happy Birthday Aidan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking of you, your DH and Aidan all the time. Congratulations on the birth of your son! Keep fighting little guy!

    -audreybee from BOTB

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Maggie!!! I know your little man will fight hard and eventually come home with you and Chris. :-) We all love you, and we're praying for Aiden.

    ::hugs::

    <3 KC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats, Maggie! I will keep your family in my thoughts. Keep fighting, Aiden!

    Greenclown

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying for you & your little Aidan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on having him here with you! You are all in my prayers!! HE'll be a fighter I just know it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. "DragonSpice" was right: it was providential that you went for your check-up that day and the doctors were able to diagnose the situation so quickly and Aiden could born. The Lord is good! We love you and are thankful you are so loved by so many and have such a great support system. Praying for you.
    Love, Aunt Donna and Uncle Joe

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thinking of you, Maggie, and sending loads of love to Aiden. He sounds like a fighter and you and Chris are great parents. Take care of yourself girly. xoxo Fraggle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Maggie,
    You, Chris and Aiden have a lot of people praying and pulling for you. If you ever need me, you can get my number and cell from Michelle. You also know where to find me :-)

    We love you!
    TW

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sending all my love to your little man!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Maggie - You are all in my thoughts and prayer. Please let me know if I can do anything for any of you. I know what a confussing time this is, but you had a very big support group and lot of love. He sure sound like a little fighter. Thanks for the updates. - Flo

    ReplyDelete