Sunday, February 7, 2010

A first

I realize that every day we have a ton of firsts, but last night we had a huge first! Aidan had tummy time, meaning that they placed him on his tummy for awhile. I'm not sure how long it was, but the nurse said he handled it really well. He is still very close to breathing room air and they were able to turn the numbers down a little bit on his ventilator. His jaundice also went from 13.3 yesterday down to 10 something. Which is great and that means that they were able to take the bili lights and just have a bili blanket on him. These are great steps in the right direction and while I know that we are going to have set backs I'm very grateful for these steps.

We may see the neurologist tomorrow or she may just pop in to check on him. His head is still measuring the same which makes them believe there is no more bleeding. They just don't know what the pool of blood is doing in there now. His chest x-rays are looking good and the RT's are very pleased with how they look.

We still need all the prayers that you can give to us. Our little man is fighting and we know that with all of your prayers and help from God that we are able to have this time with him.

Lots of love
Maggs

6 comments:

  1. I love you, I miss you, and I'm proud of you! Just had to put it here too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting that he is making progress in the right direction!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really good news. I am so happy for all of you. We will keep those prayer going up for Little Aidan. Thank you for the post. I know you have alot on your heart but we do appreciate your post. Flo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that Aidan is making progress! My prayers will continue for him to make it home safe and sound!

    love,
    Donna Dent

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there - he's such a strong boy. I'm glad the chest xrays look positive and hope you continue to see progress! Lots of prayers as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh - bili blankets. I had to do those with Jonathan too - he looked like a little carrot for a few weeks! So glad to hear those numbers are coming down! Praying for all of you!

    MoGroLaura

    ReplyDelete