Wednesday, February 24, 2010

First day driving

I'm going to lunch today with my co-worker, Donna. Of course it's snowing today and it's my first time driving in a month. I've always loved the snow and I love it a lot more because it snowed a lot during Aidan's short life. I'm nervous to see everyone because I know I will cry, but I want to get the awkwardness out of the way before I go back for a full day. As long as I have my two pictures that Natalie took of Aidan for us I'll be ok. Yes, those pictures are my security blanket. I have them on my phone as well in case I can't take the actual pictures with me. 

I can tell that I'm starting to get better. I actually asked my mom if we can go to Michaels, I want to pick up a memory box. I don't know if I'm ready to take the diaper and goggles out of my purse, but when I am I want to have a place to protect them and show them off. I also need to pick something up to protect the impressions of Aidan's hands and feet. Oh and I'm also excited that the 3 plants that we got are still alive! Woo hoo. Normally plants and flowers die the day after I get my hands on them.

Yesterday my mom and I went to Steak n Shake and talked. We were there for about an hour and a half. I cried while telling some stories, but we laughed a lot. We laughed about Aidan raising his hand when Dr. B made the first incision and the fact that the nurses had to "tie" him down because he would wiggle so much. It was really nice. I also talked to my best friend, which is normal because I talk to her every day, but she kept reminding me that I didn't do anything to cause the cord to fail. I already know, but it's nice when a nurse reminds you.

I love you Aidan Christopher!

Maggs

6 comments:

  1. Maggs,

    Like I said before you are an amazingly strong person and I know you and Chris will get through this with lots of love, support and prayers. Thinking of you everyday and praying for you. I really look forward to seeing you.

    Luann

    ReplyDelete
  2. "You call me, you need me". Remember how we would say that to Aidan every time we left his bedside? Sometimes we would even remind him that the nurses had your phone number if he needed to call. Well, Maggie, when you're done at your office today, "You call me, you need me". The snow's letting up, so you shouldn't have any trouble driving. DO NOT USE YOUR CELL PHONE WHILE DRIVING since this is your first time behind the wheel since before Aidan (bA) <-- not to be confused with "before common era" or BCE.

    Momma

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! I love the comment from your Momma, such a mom thing to say :) But I am going to take it one step further and say why don't you just never use your cell while driving! lol, it's dangerous and well your a mom now so you have to do mom things like pull over to make a phone call :) Good luck at your lunch today, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that you're starting to feel a little better. I hope that you enjoy your drive and have a good lunch with your friend today :) Good luck finding the perfect memory box at Michael's, they have a lot of good stuff there!

    Congrats on your plants still being alive. My plants usually don't survive very long either lol. I stick to things like philodendrons in the house because they're basically indestructible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, the comments from your mom are too cute! I'm glad you have such a great mom to support you through all of this.. I don't know what I would have done without mine!

    I went to Michael's today to pick up a second memory box.. I filled up the first one! I was thinking of you while I was there, and saw some blue ones that were adorable, perfect for a little boy but pretty enough to have sitting out in your living room or wherever. I don't know if that's quite what you're looking for but I thought I'd let you know! :)

    I'm glad you're feeling a bit better, Maggs, and I hope you enjoyed your lunch!

    ReplyDelete