Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It's been a week

It's been a week since we said goodbye to our sweet Aidan Christopher. I can't believe it's already been a week and I also can't believe it's only been a week.

Aidan,

Hey buddy, it's mommy. Yes I'm still talking to you and about you. I warned you that I'm like this. I miss you more and more each day. More importantly I love you more and more each day. I've met a lot of wonderful people because of you and they've all reminded me to be thankful for the 8 amazing days that I had with you. Daddy and I tell our stories about you to each other every night. I smile when I think about daddy changing your diaper. It was so difficult with those wires, but he did a great job. I also smile thinking about massage time. Watching you stretch out your toes as you enjoyed your massage let me know that you are my son. I love having my feet rubbed too. I caught myself the other night singing yummy yummy yummy you've got mommy in your tummy as I was pumping and it made me sad and happy all at the same time. I loved doing your mouth care time because that was my way of helping you. You always opened wide and moved your tongue around like it was the tastiest thing. I have not tried it so I'm going to trust you and your actions of liking it.

I miss you Aidan, but mommy and daddy are getting stronger each day. While we'd rather have you here, we can't wait to see each and every day the adventure that you'll take us on.

I love you Aidan Christopher

Mommy

2 comments: