Friday, February 12, 2010

My in-laws

I started this post to talk about how the service went today, but it went in this direction instead. I'll post about the service later.

I would be lost without them. They stayed with us most days in the hospital and just sat with us. When I was feeling guilty for my cord failing Aidan they comforted me and told me it wasn't my fault. Of course they were there at the end and got to say goodbye to their beautiful grandson. After Aidan passed I curled up and didn't know what to do. They made phone calls to the funeral home and just helped us so much. I knew that they loved me when I became a part of the family, but the past two weeks they have made it very well known. They bought a beautiful flower arrangement to put on his itty bitty casket and I'm so happy they did because I wouldn't have thought about it.

After the service I didn't want to go home and be alone. I wouldn't have been alone because I have Chris, but I didn't want to think. They invited us over to their house to have pizza and just be together. What was really nice is that Nancy's sister, Kathy, flew in from Florida to be here for us. I hadn't met her before and while I wish we didn't meet in these circumstances it still really helps that she came. So I got to know her a little bit and I got to introduce her to Aidan. She could tell that I was getting ready to have a breakdown she came over and asked me to tell her stories about Aidan. It helped me so much.

I'm so happy to be a part of this family and I'm so happy that Aidan was a part of this amazing family too. I'm glad that he got to know their love for 8 days and I'm glad that they got to know him too.

I love you Aidan Christopher

Maggs

3 comments:

  1. They sound wonderful. I'm glad that you and Chris have such a great support system around you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so happy you have such great support.... that is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy that the service was beautiful and your family could be there. i am sure it made all the difference. I can't imagine what you are going through.

    ReplyDelete