Monday, February 15, 2010

Throat punch

Yesterday we went to lunch with our best friend's from OH. We went to Red Robin and for once Chris and I got there a little early. That's a huge shock for us. :-) When we got there the hostess asked how we were. I thought eh, she doesn't want to know how I'm really feeling so I went with the generic fine. I didn't look up just followed her to the table and hoped that she would leave it at that. Here's what ended up happening

Hostess: So are you guys doing anything fun for Valentines Day?
Me: (still not looking up to make eye contact) Nope
Hostess: Oh why not? It's such a romantic day!
Me: nope not doing anything
Hostess: Well that's sad, you should do something fun.

I'm very proud of myself for just walking to the table, but I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs "LOOK LADY MY SON JUST PASSED AWAY, I HAVE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO THINK ABOUT THEN THIS STUPID HALLMARK HOLIDAY!" I also wanted to throat punch her, but instead I just sat down, grabbed my phone and prayed that she walked away soon. Chris was very proud of me for the way I handled that. It was hard to see the 80 bazillon babies at the restaurant, but it was nice to get out.

I love you Aidan Christopher and I miss you more and more each day!

Maggs

3 comments:

  1. That was stupid of her to say that..you NEVER know what someone is going through... You handled that very well : )
    **hugs***
    Donna Dent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, Im sorry. I just posted a kind of similar story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just posted on megan's blog.

    people are just clueless most of the time. it really gives a new perspective that you don't always know what's going on in people's lives- and not to be so stinkin' presumptuous.

    ReplyDelete