Friday, April 23, 2010

Due Date

Dear Aidan,

Hi hunnie bunnie, yesterday was due date. That means you were supposed to be born now or up to late next week. It also means that since you were born early you would be getting ready to come home from the NICU.  I’ve been a wreck for the past couple of weeks and I wasn’t handling it very well.  I talked to daddy about everything and he reminded of what I’ve been saying all along, you were supposed to be born on February 1st and April 22nd is just a random date.  That thought, the prayers and you and God being there for me really made yesterday easier. I woke up and decided that I wanted to celebrate your short life and be happy again.  I was at my happiest when you were in my tummy and I know you felt that! Along with being scared and sad I was also very very happy when you were alive and I wanted that feeling again. 

I wanted to write this letter to you yesterday, but I had a friend come over after work and the next thing we knew it was 11pm. Way past your bedtime and mommy’s too! Aunt Michelle and Denise surprised me with a fruit basket. Well much more than a fruit basket, but that’s not the point.  They knew that yesterday was going to be hard for me.  It was great to sit and talk to Denise for a few hours. Even though daddy was kind of upset that I made him eat a late dinner. oops. We talked about you and I showed off a few of my pictures. Like I always tell people, I’m always happy when I’m talking about you.  You and her little boy Zander would have been great friends, but instead you get to watch over him as he grows up. 

Sunday we’re going to March for Babies in your name and I can’t wait for everyone that walks behind us to see your name.  Oh and sweetie can you work some magic to get the rain to stop from 9-12 Sunday morning? I miss you baby boy and I love you so much! I wish I could hold you again and cover you in kisses.

I love you Aidan Christopher!

Mommy

4 comments: