Tuesday, March 15, 2011

answer to a pumping question

Someone asked me "was wondering how often and how long you have to pump for each day because i'm considering doing that for my baby."
I'm really lazy at pumping because Lucas is nursing so much better now. Before I was pumping every time I tried to feed him so that was every 2 hours. I would pump until I was empty or until I filled the bottle. Now that he's doing better, I pump in the morning after his first feeding once in the afternoon and once at night. Since Lucas is still a lazy eater, it takes me awhile to nurse him and he eats every 2 hours I don't want to pump too much. 

Maggie

2 comments:

  1. Glad BFing is going much better for you! I'm sure it is a huge relief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did every 4 hours. That's 8oz on each side. I saved/froze lots of milk. If I did 5 hours, I would start to dry up. Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. Always glad to help.

    ReplyDelete