Friday, March 25, 2011

1 month


I can't believe my baby is a month old!  I've learned that having a newborn is hard. I knew I wouldn't be getting sleep, but I had no idea how hard breastfeeding would be and how difficult that would make everything else. I also try the sleep when the baby sleep thing, but he sleeps a lot during the day and I'm not tired. We had a blessing in disguise and Chris has been home with us the entire time. We found out the day that we brought Lucas home that his company was closing. He now has a new (well old, he went back to his previous company) job and started today. Because of that, Chris has been doing a lot of the night time stuff (until 2 am then I take over) to let me try to get more sleep.

Lucas is starting to "talk" more and I love it. He loves being with me and it melts my heart when he passes out on my shoulder in a milk coma. Daddy is giving him one bottle a night so they can have their bonding time. Chris is simply amazing with Lucas. I cry every time that I look over and see Lucas fast asleep on Chris' chest. This is what we've wanted for so long and we're finally here.

His stats from his 1 month appointment
Weight: 7 lbs 11 oz- up 11 oz from birth (12th percentile)
Height- 21 in- grew 1 inch (39th percentile)

He's hitting all of his milestones and Dr. K is very happy with his growth.

I love you Aidan Christopher, you're doing a great job looking over your brother! I love you Lucas Alexander, I'm so glad you're my baby

Maggs

8 comments:

  1. Aww, maggie I'm so glad to hear things are going well! I truly think one reason so many women have such a hard time with breastfeeding is that no one talks about how hard it is at first! We all think we're doing something wrong when really it's actually all quite normal. Way to go mama, you're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! I love the picture. He is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I can't believe he is a month old. He is so so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I love this post! You and Chris are such great parents and working together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute wee boy, I am so pleased to hear he is doing well. Your post made me tear up a bit, I am sure Aidan loves his little brother very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is just too precious. I love his skinny lil legs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe he's a month old already! He's so adorable, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete