Monday, February 14, 2011

37 weeks

At week 37, your pregnancy is considered full term, meaning baby is likely to thrive after birth. Baby spends these last weeks in preparation for the outside world… meaning careful refinement of the blink, suck, inhale and exhale. Meconium, which you’ll probably find in the first diaper, is accumulating in the intestines. If (okay, as) you worry about giving birth, consider what it’s like for the little one. During the journey out of your womb, baby will produce more stress hormones than any other time in life. (The bump) He weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long.(baby center)
 
Here's my 2nd to last bump picture. :-) This time next Monday (It's currently 11:48) I will be getting prepped to meet our little Nugget. This pregnancy has flown by! We've had our ups and downs, but none of that matters as we get closer to meeting this little guy. Speaking of meeting him and finally posting his name, we're back to the drawing board for names. Last night Chris decided to tell me that for a couple of months he hasn't liked the names that we picked out. So now we're back to square one. Oh joy!

I'm feeling pretty good. When I'm up walking around he rounds out his back and that hurts really bad! So even though I'm now okay to be up and walking as much as I want, I can't. We almost have the nursery completed. Chris's drill died last night while he was in the middle of hanging some things up. It's charging today so it should be finished tonight! 

Aidan's balloon has been ordered. I wasn't able to find an "I'm a big brother" balloon, but I found a "Proud Brother" one that we will take to the cemetery before we head to the hospital. I just confirmed with one of Aidan's NICU nurses, Ingrid, that she'll be in the OR. It means so much to me because she was the last nurse to take care of Aidan.

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (<----the excited kind 7 more days!)

I love you Aidan Christopher and Nugget who may not get a real name

Maggs

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations, you deserve every happiness the world has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you!! I will be at work too that day so I can come visit! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Francis Patrick would be a perfect name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you!!! Celebration thursday night?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be out of town on Monday for work. I will think about all four of you all day. Hoping everything will go smoothly. Best of luck to everyone. You deserve the world.

    ReplyDelete