Monday, August 23, 2010

Week 5-written on 7/5


 About Nugget


Your baby is about the size of a sesame seed, and he looks more like a tiny tadpole than a human. The big development this week: Your baby's brain is beginning to grow! It develops from the neural tube, a structure that will also spawn your baby's spinal cord, nerves, and backbone. Since folic acid * helps prevent neural tube defects such as spina bifida, you can see why it's so important to take it while trying to conceive and early in pregnancy. In the meantime, the primitive placenta and umbilical cord**, which deliver nourishment and oxygen to your baby, are already on the job.

*Well I'm on extra folic acid so that should help. **Hey umbilical cord, let's not eff up this time, K? Do you need me to read the part of your job description again?


About momma


How far along? 5 wks 1d

Total weight gain/loss: None

Maternity clothes? nope

Stretch marks? Just the tiger stripes from Aidster

Sleep: Love it!

Best moment this week: Everyday that I'm pregnant is the best moment

Movement: Way too soon

Food cravings: Chicken nuggets

Gender: ?

Labor Signs: nada and I better not see any for at least 33 weeks.

Belly Button in or out? in

What I miss: Nothing and I won't miss anything besides Aidan.

What I am looking forward to: Telling our parents-2 more weeks!

Weekly Wisdom: Enjoy your pregnancy. You never know what will happen so love your baby wholeheartedly!

Milestones: Making it to 5 weeks

I love you Aidan Christopher! Keep an eye on your baby Nugget

Maggs
5wks 1d pg

2 comments:

  1. I love these! The part about the umbilical cord job description made me laugh, in a sad way. I hope it keeps going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree umbilical cord!! It better do it's job.

    ReplyDelete