Friday, January 7, 2011

31 weeks-whining involved

Yes I know that I'm late to posting this, but I'm still in my 31st week so it's okay.

  This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy. 

I have to laugh at the thought that he weighs about 3.3 lbs...our little porky the pig is estimated at 4lbs 5oz. I'm feeling pretty good, but I have to be honest, this part is getting hard physically. I used to cringe and cry when I would read people complaining about being done at this point, but now I get it. Nugget's cute little punches and kicks are no more and now it feels like he's grabbing organs and rolling to the other side. It's painful. Or else he gets stuck in my ribs or hips and then flairs around trying to get unstuck. At least that's the best way I can describe it.  I love the movement because it lets me know that he's okay, but it still hurts. I'm not ready to be done being pregnant because it's going to be awhile until we have a 3rd and if he were to come now he'd have some NICU time. So universe, do not take this complaining as a sign that I'm done. I want this little boy to keep cooking for 44 more days.

Yes, you read that right. I have 44 days to go until we meet little Nuggy! I had a slight anxiety attack this morning at 2:30 about not having things ready for him.  My shower is on 1/29 so I know I will have more things at that point, but right now I'm freaking out. I was up doing laundry to make sure he had clean clothes. I was very productive, but I'm beat now.  Take a look at the picture below from this morning and you can tell. I had my weekly appt with Dr. B yesterday and she is very optimistic now and was trying to fight back emotions of excitement. She also told me that I look very cute. Seriously, what girl doesn't like that? lol

Okay, here's my crappy picture from this morning. I'll get a better one tomorrow when I'm out with my parents.   


I love you Aidan Christopher and Nugget!

Maggs
31w5d 

2 comments:

  1. I'm 33 weeks tomorrow, and I've started freaking out about not having anything, but the baby shower is next week which I think will help ease some of my anxiety.

    I'm so happy for you girl! Only 44 more days! That's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great, Maggie! Try not to freak out too much about not having things ready, just try to rest up and relax while you can :)

    ReplyDelete