Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th of July

Does anyone else notice a trend that I never write on the actual day of a holiday?

My mom and I went to visit Aidan yesterday. We bought him a big beautiful bouquet of Gerber daises. They are very bright and cheery.  We also bought him a patriotic balloon to put around his vase (take that cemetery people who take things off of his marker. It's part of the vase now) When we got there we saw that Grandma Nancy and Grandpa Larry had been there. There were some very pretty flowers in his vase already. I'm assuming they came from her garden. Nancy always has beautiful flowers. So we mixed the two sets of flowers together and it looked really nice.  Chris has my little camera so I didn't get any pictures.

Later my mom and I were watching the Macy's fireworks display and I thought "I hope Aidan isn't afraid of the fireworks." I'm not sure if I'll ever stop wondering such silly things, but I like that I do. I like that I'm still trying to protect him even though he's no longer here.  So of course I was explaining to him what the fireworks are and to just sit back with my grandma and watch the show.

I had visions the past year of our little boy being dressed up in his Old Navy flag tee and taking lots of pictures. I've noticed that I haven't been taking as many pictures of things like I used to.I mean I took probably 20 pictures of Aidan in a 2 minute span. lol I don't know if I did that on purpose, but it's something that I was randomly thinking about.  I know that with future family pictures I'll include a froggie so that Aidan will be in it, but of course it's not the same.

Well I hope everyone enjoyed their 4th of July! Happy Birthday America!

I love you Aidan Christopher!

Maggs

1 comment:

  1. I like trying to protect Alexandra even though she's not here too. Happy 4th to you & Aidan!

    ReplyDelete