Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Happy Mother's Day-belated

I had a great Mother's Day. I was woken up at 6:30 by a babbling baby. Chris had given him a bottle to let me get a little extra sleep and when Lucas came into my arms he was a very happy boy. I sat there thinking how lucky I am to have my special little boy and then a wave of grief came over me as I thought about how I wanted both my special little boys with me. I know Aidan is always with me, but I want him in my arms. I only had 1 person wish me a happy 1st mother's day and I quickly said this is my second. I was so (and will always be) afraid that Aidan won't be included on my cards. So much that I told Chris that I'd nutpunch him if he ever forgets to write Aidan's name. While I was holding Lucas, Chris ran out to the car to get my present. I saw the card and quickly ripped it open to see what was written. Of course Chris didn't forget Aidan and honestly, I didn't think he would, but I still have that fear. Then I was handed a pretty box. My boys got me this beautiful necklace
I love it so much. We spent the day in our pjs until about 4pm and then we went to the cemetery to visit Aidan. I had to get a picture with my boys on Mother's Day. I have the picture still on my camera and I left that at work. Oops. When we got to my in-laws for dinner (we go every Sunday and have been for the past 8-9 years) I got another present from Lucas. He with grandma's help made me a very special garden. The flowers are picture holders and the grass says "Watch me grow" and there are two pictures of Lucas on the flowers. I love it. I was and will always look forward to the cute homemade gifts that I will get from Lucas on Mother's day. So that's how I spent my 2nd Mother's day. Much happier than last year, but it will always be bittersweet.

I love you Aidan Christopher and Lucas Alexander

Maggs

No comments:

Post a Comment