Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I have a badge!

I'm now officially a volunteer with Open Arms! I'm overly excited about the fact that I have a badge now. :-) I'm so happy (odd word in this situation) that I'm more available to loss families now. If they want to talk to a mom that's been there, I'm able to go right to them. I'm also able to help out "behind the scenes" with my bereavement coordinator. 

It means a lot to me that I'm able to take our tragic loss and turn and help someone during their tragic loss. Aidan taught me a lot and he will continue to help me grow during my grief journey. There are times that it still shocks me that I'm a loss mom. Before it made me mad that I kept having those shocking moments, but now they are a reminder of my little boy and of where I'm at.

ABC is coming along nicely too. We've got about 85 books (which will go fast once the program starts) the library cart is being painted and word is getting out in the community. It's amazing that my little boy's name is being said by so many people. I'm truly so incredibly happy where my life is right now. I, of course, would rather have Aidan here with me, but I can't so I'm making the best of it. I finally have a passion, a drive for helping other loss families and getting Aidan's Book Corner going. It's a great feeling.

I love you Aidan Christopher and Lucas Alexander.

Maggs

No comments:

Post a Comment