Friday, November 22, 2013

Meet Jelly

Alexis Marie 
8/26/2013
12:49 PM
6 lbs 8 oz 19 in
Our last picture as a family of 3

I woke up bright and early Monday morning. Just had to wait for the rest of the house to get up. Finally everyone was up and everyone ate while I made sure I had everything I needed. 

 Lucas had his backpack full of things to keep him occupied during the surgery. Ignore the fact the bag is almost bigger than him.
 Visiting Aidan before going to the hospital. Both boys got a balloon for being the big brothers.

My last belly picture
Time for the little boy (and the rest of the family) to go to the waiting room.
 I watched the entire surgery. I could see the reflection in the light. It was amazing to be able to watch her come out.

She's here! Alexis Marie has arrived safely!

I was able to do skin to skin with her in the OR while being stiched up. One of my favorite LC's was in the OR (along with some of my other favorite people)to get Alexis on me right away.
 Lucas was our visitor. I wanted him back to me as soon as I was able to have visitors. Then the rest of the family came back to meet Alexis. 
I'm nursing Alexis and it's been tough. She was content with essentially starving herself so she could sleep. After slow gain and a week of no gain I just pumped. Then when she was 2 months old I decided to see if she'd latch and well the rest is history. I nurse her when I get home from work and occasionally before bed. She takes a bottle wonderfully, which is good since she stays with grandma during the day.

 From her newborn pictures

 

And now our princess is almost 3 months old. Sigh... it goes so fast

I love you Aidan Christopher, Lucas Alexander and Alexis Marie
 
Maggs

No comments:

Post a Comment